Final Report, MIT Committee on EVAT
Committee Membership and Staff
The committee was formed in part because of a one-day retreat on education via advanced technologies, held September 19, 1994, organized by the MIT Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science. As a result the Chair, two other members, and the staff all come from that one department. However, there are also other members from all five MIT academic Schools and from Information Systems.
- Harold Abelson, Class of 1922 Professor of Computer Science and Engineering, and MacVicar Faculty Fellow
- Peter S. Donaldson, Professor of Literature, Ann Fetter Friedlaender Professor of Humanities, and Section Head, Literature
- Gregory A. Jackson, Director of Academic Computing
- Robert L. Jaffe, Professor of Physics, and Chair of the Faculty
- Chris F. Kemerer, Douglas Drane Career Development Associate Professor of Information Technology and Management, and Acting Associate Dean for Information Technology
- Richard C. Larson, Professor of Electrical Engineering, and Codirector, Operations Research Center
- William J. Mitchell, Professor of Architecture and Media Arts and Sciences, and Dean, School of Architecture and Planning
- Anthony T. Patera, Professor of Mechanical Engineering
- Paul L. Penfield, Jr., Professor of Electrical Engineering, and Head, Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Chair
This page revised July 31, 1995. Your comments about this report are welcome.
To the Table of Contents. Copyright (c) 1995 Massachusetts Institute of Technology